DEIK – The governing body and reason behind the existence of the CTBC and all other Turkey business councils across the globe.
DEIK, The Foreign Economic Relations Board of Turkey was created in 1986 with the following objectives:
- Manage the foreign economic private sector of Turkey abroad.
- Analyze investment opportunities at home and abroad.
- Help boost Turkey’s exports
To achieve their goals, DEIK was restructured in 2014 to focus on Business Diplomacy through the creation and effective functioning of the Business Councils:
- The Turkey Cameroon Business Council (TCBC)
- The Cameroon Turkey Business Council (CTBC)
These 2 councils exist primarily to improve bilateral relationships between Cameroon and Turkey.
Business Councils are based on five sectors:
- Higher Education
- International Technology Consulting